Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First post: Sydney, Taiwan trip and rantings.

Mood: Pondering
Music: Dazz Band - Let it whip

Ahhh my first post, I apologise to people as it's gonna be about me me me me. My trip to Sydney was good as far as a holiday goes, I got to spend time with my friends and cousins all of whom I haven't seen in a long time (with the exception of Erks, that guy just can't stay away from Bris) and got to meet a few new faces. What was great was that I hadn't seen Habib/Youssef in ages but spoke to him a lot on msn, that guy's serious about his health now and has definitely gotten skinnier, congrats dude! Tekken in Sydney's just so much more serious compared to Brisbane is but their scene overall is definitely a lot better. Erks' place was so close to where my cousins were staying (literally less than 5 mins away), his mum was very welcoming and he had a crazy collection of anime figurines (some of which are still unopened) Here are some pics...







Talk about big, I needed to take 6 pics just to include every character I could see! I don't know half of the characters in there either. Several days later at night Erks, Youssef and I went around the city, (to those that haven't been to the city in Sydney, it's like a fucking maze and is pretty easy to get lost there) we eventually got bored and ended up going to a cyber games spot to see if they had games up there as Erks claimed he saw Virtua Fighter 5 being shown on screen. To our dismay there was no VF5 but we found a sign worth a laugh over...



Fast forward several days, my cousin and I took a flight to Taiwan to attend our grandfather's funeral (RIP
爺爺). I'll admit it, I cried during the proceedings as most people would after losing a person they respect a lot. The main reason I found this trip to be extremely meaningful wasn't only because of the funeral but because of how I learnt my life "could have" been. Picture this: my aunty told me that my dad had originally planned to have her raise me, quite a big shock to say the least. It began to make me think about how I could've developed as a person as I'm a firm believer of nurture over nature and made me think of these questions "What would I be like?", "What would my friends have been like?", "How different could I have been?", "Would I have been less of a bludger?" (lol). The surprising thing wasn't that I had a lot of questions but I began to realise that I should very much be appreciative of the things I have. Taiwan isn't great in terms of living standards but it did make me happy to have what I have here.

Well I guess I've ranted enough and should stop it there, thanks to all those that bothered to read =D oh and a very special thanks to Jen for helping me think of a name for my blog lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it sounded like an interesting trip at first with tekken and stuff...but then its sad to hear about ur relative. i guess ud see life differently now