Monday, March 3, 2008

Don't hate me now

So my 2nd week of uni started today... not a great way to get into it. I woke up with a massive fucking migraine at around 7am (when I was meant to get up and do a few things) then decided that I should probably go back to sleep considering there would be little to no point in going to class if all I was going to do was groan about my state. You know that "just 5 more minutes" exclamation (sometimes it makes quite a difference surprisingly), haha... more like "just 3 more hours". So I ended up waking up at 10am (when my first class was meant to start), took a shower had a shave and grabbed a sandwich.

Everything went well until the final class, my economics tute. Seemed innocent enough until the tutor placed up the multi-choice questions on the overhead projector, everyone seemed friendly but it seems like Jeri and I hit the jackpot when it comes to the know it alls. I mean, why me? Last year it was in PSYC1020 when we had a middle aged woman coming into the tutorial with people barely over 18 and the majority under 21, acting as if she was Rhodes Scholar from one of the most elite schools. People need to stop acting like they're geniuses, chances are that if you're in a class for first years... you're not. Stop trying to show off your superiority, it's like the concept of being competitive, you're too busy trying to WIN (be superior) and not trying to IMPROVE.

Is UQ shoving know it alls in every single class to have people try to show them up and in the end get people to do better? It doesn't work that way, they disrupt about as much as people that do squat and act loud. Please don't feed your ego with making yourself feel superior in the work, it fails even more when it's in a larger setting (lectures) my friend and I had a know it all in our PSYC1040 lecture that got COMPLETELY shamed out... it went something like this.

Person: How does psychology explain unrepeatable phenomenon?
Everyone else: ...
Lecturer: What do you mean?
Person: Oh I don't know... say something like... Quantum theory?
Everyone else: ...
Lecturer: ...
Everyone else: [giggle]
Lecturer: I'm not educated on Quantum theory, so perhaps you could enlighten us all?
Person: Quantum theory suggests that if I walk into the wall 9 times, after the 10th time I should be able to pass through it.
Lecturer: ...
Everyone else: [giggle]
Random: Is it a thin wall?
Everyone else: LOL

For those of you that found that funny, the funny thing was that after about 10 - 15 minutes when people were still laughing about the guy (I was at the front and could hear people talking about him), I looked back and saw him with probably the most disconcerted of faces that I've ever seen, as if he was about to burst into tears and then ZOOM, he RAN out the door.

Wow... that was a long blog. I bitch too much, I might need a therapist...

Edit: Forgot this... this is proof that I'm evil =D

Which Family Guy character are you?

Stewie Griffin

You are an anarchist, a thespian, and you hate your family (especially your mom) as well as pickels. For Christmas, you want either a dead Lois or some plutonium. Also, you can do a lounge version of Rocket Man by Elton John.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

2 comments:

~Angie said...

hehe i remember that particular lecture... that guy was so owned =P

OMG, i have a know-it-all in my Stats tute now and it pisses me off so badly!! if it wasn't so early in the morning and i wasn't half asleep, i'd fully smack her over the head >_<"

Willus said...

Should smack her over the head anyway =) It'd seem less offensive as you look tired so you're "not thinking straight" =P